Saturday, December 18, 2010

breathe

I'm writing this out of conformity...

...sort of.  This is the time when everybody comes home and posts some kind of reflection/analysis/summary of their past semester.  But that's not exactly what I'm doing.

I'm home.  As much as spending time reading, talking, resting, thinking, relaxing, listening, without worrying or being busy, would drive me crazy over a long period of time, it is exactly what I need right now.  Just for now, I will not let myself worry about the difference between what things are and what they ought to be.  Sometimes (like now) this is the only way for me to have peace.  My soul needs the rest of me to stop and be still, and this time I am going to listen to it.  And I will come back ready to throw myself freely into everything next semester holds, whether old or new.  I will be ready.  (I'm going to change the world, you know.)

Just for now
Just for now

It's that time of year
Leave all our hopelessnesses aside
If just for now (just for now) leave awhile
Just stop right here

Just for love

it feels like this:


1 comment: