Tuesday, May 10, 2011

summer reading list

So I just made a reading list for this summer.  I have a gigantic ongoing reading list, but these are a few I picked for the next few weeks/months:

1)  The Chronicles of Narnia -- classics.  I've been wanting to re-read them for a long time, and if you haven't read them yet, you really should.
2)  The Lacuna (Barbara Kingsolver) -- I love Barbara Kingsolver more than words can adequately express, and I haven't read this one yet.  Thus, it is on my list.
3)  The Sound and the Fury (William Faulkner) -- I'm reading this as part of a group of English majors who started a reading blog to talk about books this summer.
4)  Water for Elephants (Sara Gruen) -- This is just a random one that people keep telling me I should read.  I've been putting it off for a while, but I did that with the Kite Runner too, and look how fantastic that one turned out to be.
5)  The Brothers K (David James Duncan) -- again, it's been highly recommended and has been on my monster book list for a while.

6)  To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee) -- my favorite book in the whole world.  


any book suggestions are always welcomed.  :)

3 comments:

  1. The Hunger Games. I have them. You can borrow them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the Chronicles of Narnia by?? ha, I'm just kidding :) I'm doing a similar thing in that I'm reading the Anne of Green Gables series cause it's been forever since I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleak House by Charles Dickens. It's like 1000 pages, but it's one of the best books I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete