Monday, May 15, 2017

Photo update: Spring in CO

It's been a while since I've had time for a photo update, so here's another selection of highlights from the past three or four weeks. And by highlights, I mean highlights that I remembered to photograph.

We were in a rainy/snowy stretch for quite a while (typical Colorado spring weather), but it's mostly faded into gloriously warm and sunny days now. Thus, we've been making good use of our fire pit. Most recently, David and Marle showed us how to make stick bread.


A good friend in need of a post-semester project graciously decided to help me build a new (better) compost bin out of free pallets.


Now it looks like this.


I've been doing some sectional coaching with violin and viola students at a nearby middle school, and last Tuesday was their concert. I've never felt so proud while sitting in a junior high gym before.


At the Faith & Life Forum (an event of Mountain States Mennonite Conference at which Drew Hart was the featured speaker), we were given the opportunity to make lunch for everyone as a fundraiser for Service Adventure. Despite it being the first time any of us had cooked for a crowd, it turned out great.


Another weekend, we took a day trip to Denver to show the housemates around. This is the view from a walkway in the Denver Art Museum.


Sand mandala (also at the art museum).


Thread art.


It was a gorgeous day for lazing around in City Park in the middle of Denver.


And we stopped by Hammond's Candy Factory for the free tour too.


Tis the season for birthdays in the Service Adventure house. All four of the participants have birthdays within a month and three days: April 23-May 26. For Marle's, we went out for ice cream in our party hats.


For David's, we surprised him by cooking bacon for breakfast.


Now that it's warm -- and now that I'm on break between spring and summer semester -- this is my view most days. Porch time is an underappreciated blessing hearkening back to my college days living in Parkwood Apartments, and I'm so glad it's still a part of my life.


From my porch to yours -- happy Spring.

3 comments:

  1. I so so so miss that porch and backyard. Your entries bring back so many good memories. Our day trip to Denver feels like it was just yesterday, but also a lifetime ago - how does that work?

    -Anali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This porch misses YOU! And I totally know what you mean. Time is a funny thing.

      Delete
  2. Everything looks beautiful! I spent about an hour this morning rocking Chloe on our front porch :) I always forget how much I love being outside cause it's just easier to stay inside some times. I need to get better at that :)

    ReplyDelete