Tuesday, May 31, 2011

wedding sights

I think my favorite thing about weddings is the way everybody cares so much, and I could tell this just by looking around.  I loved looking at the bride in her glorious, lace-covered beauty, but even more than that, I liked the way the air felt different when she was there.  I liked watching everyone else and seeing their eyes get soft when they looked at her.  And I liked the bridesmaids' mother-hen manner as they flitted around her, fixing her train and protecting her from even the slightest harm on her happiest day.  I loved seeing that everyone there was the same as their usual selves but also more, in a culmination of joy and beauty.  That was the best part -- that all the energy and love was focused on that day, right then.

I like this because I am just so very susceptible to hovering, and because of that, sometimes I don't adjust well to in-between-ness.  But instead of hovering I want to embrace here and now, always.  For this time is what I have been given, no matter how much I always seem to look toward the next thing instead of being in the present.  How blessed I am to have things to look toward... but still, for now, I will try to teach my timid feet to land.

1 comment:

  1. When I go to a wedding, the most powerful thing for me is when the bride appears and everyone stands up and looks at her... then I turn around and look at the groom. I almost start crying every. darn. time. The looks on both of their faces as she approaches him - such a beautiful moment!

    ReplyDelete