Thursday, April 7, 2011

life in pictures

Walking outside in the bright sunshine with bare feet made me feel like this:


Watching a movie about the violence, aggression, and domination at the center of our culture's male image made me feel like this:


(Accidentally starting to type "violin" instead of "violence" made me smile.)

Celebrating a long, short, hard, beautiful year made me feel like this:



There will always be things that frustrate me; things that bless me; things that allow me to breathe deeply and rest; things that make me disappointed to call myself human.

This is a prayer that I've loved since my first semester of college -- and I think right now I'm finally living it. Maybe I haven't this whole year, maybe not this whole semester, but this week at least I have felt this way, and for now that's enough.

May today there be peace within.
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.
May you use those gifts you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.
May you be content knowing you are a child of God.
Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise, and love. It is there for each and every one of you.
     -Mother Teresa

1 comment: