Thursday, March 31, 2011

justifying

It feels strange and incredible to be in this moment, which is in a way the culmination of my college musical experience thus far.  But I have come to realize that the hard work is done.  How deserving this music is of the dozens, maybe even hundreds of hours I have given it.  I have never before dedicated the time and discipline of diving deeper and deeper into a single piece of music, until I know every note forward and backward and through, and my fingers and my very bones know what every line and melody feels like.  I'm trying very hard to forget the people who will be listening:  tonight is about me and this music.  My greatest goal for this concert is to let the joy of music and God and life flow through my fingers, celebrating the life I have given to this instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment