Wednesday, November 3, 2010

chapel

One of the best parts of my day was letting tears fill my eyes while I watched a girl in purple sock feet pour her heart out over a piano.  As long as there is emotion and passion and togetherness, there is hope.

These echoing words aren't love.
I'm being taunted by my own thoughts.
The world doesn't need more pain.
I'm just repeating what's already been said.

Being broken can be mended
But my pieces have been lost along the way.
I'm not together the same
But only I notice I'm missing.

There's light on these dark walls,
And as I pray each day it's lighter.
And there are rainbows slipping through
The prisms I carry inside.
The promises I feel are real
They crumble the brokenness I felt
And my soul won't rock to sleep at night
With its lips sewn shut.
It's bringing light (and life and sound and song)
To this silence.


Grace Engle
http://emu.edu/blog/podcast/2010/11/03/light-the-silence-take-back-the-night/

No comments:

Post a Comment