Saturday, November 28, 2015

Holiday sights

This week marked only the second Thanksgiving I've spent away from my family, the first one being three years ago when I was in South Africa. No one in our household was traveling for the holiday (though we'll all be gone over Christmas), so we celebrated over a Thanksgiving potluck with new friends at our church.




All of us had the day off work on Friday. As Germans unaccustomed to being forcibly compelled to wait until after Thanksgiving to get into the Christmas spirit, Anna and Franzi wasted no time in Christmas-izing our house.


Daniel and I spent last night at the home of some friends from church as our "weekend away" (something we're technically supposed to do once a month, but we skipped October due to all the other traveling we'd been doing). We're lucky that our housemates don't give us much of anything that we need to escape from.


Snowy day outside.


Roaring fire inside.


 It's so cozy I can hardly stand it.


Though I missed my family, it's been a pretty great holiday. Now just a few weeks until we're in VA for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meg! Looks like you had a fantastic Thanksgiving Holiday!! Sondra

    ReplyDelete