Sunday, March 3, 2013

Changing perspectives

Bad luck:  having a gigantic splinter rip itself into my left hand, right where it touches the neck of my violin, and then having to teach a violin lesson before I could take it out.
Optimism:  feeling thankful that it didn't happen five hours earlier, when I was about to walk onstage to perform.

Cynicism:  griping because of the new sign stating that students aren't allowed to use the microwave in the music office.
Humbling:  getting an email that there's now a new microwave for student use in the music lab.

I feel like my perspective is changing a lot these days, as I'm reflecting on the parts of my identity that will need to be relinquished in the next few months...and the new parts that will be added in the months after that.    I have no idea what some of these changes will be, but I know they're inevitable.  Ambiguity is not the most comfortable house to live in, but it's a house that everyone visits.  At least I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment