Thursday, May 26, 2016

A week in photos

New water bottle out on its first adventure.


Lots of biking again this week! This time was on the Pikes Peak Greenway north of our house.



Mountain biking in Red Rock Open Space. I'd never been there before, but I will surely be going back soon.



It looks a lot like Garden of the Gods, but it's way better. Mostly because I didn't have to wade through swarms of tourists to get to the trail I wanted.


Our learning component this week was the final step in Franzi's several-months-long idea: a recipe book made up of our favorite meals and baked goods that we've enjoyed over the course of the year. She's been collecting recipes for quite a while, and on Tuesday night, we compiled them all and decorated the covers. (Clockwise from the top left: Daniel & me, Sarah, Franzi, Anna, Anali.)


Signatures on the back.


Yesterday, I went with a friend from church to visit Glen Eyrie. It's a castle that was built by General Palmer, the founder of Colorado Springs, in 1903.


Now it's a conference/retreat center and historical site, with beautiful grounds and interesting architecture.



Our dining table bit the dust.


My little garden is doing great! I've been harvesting baby kale, spinach, and mesclun mix almost every day. I also have basil, bell pepper, and cilantro seedlings, and my chives, dill, and wildflowers are just beginning to peek their little heads up.

1 comment:

  1. These are seriously beautiful photos! Jeremy and I stopped at Glen Eyrie when we visited Colorado Springs -- We thought it was a castle to tour kind of thing when it's really not :) We still walked around and visited their little bookstore/coffee shop. But my cousin Madelyn is a part of the Navigators (and is going to Russia with them this summer) so it was still kind of cool to have a slight connection to the grounds :)

    ReplyDelete