Sunday, January 15, 2017

Holiday photo recap

In the spirit of getting things done before grad school starts again on Tuesday, here's a semi-random, non-linear update. What follows will be an incomplete but well-intentioned summary of my holidays, so take that for what it's worth.

This first photo is unrelated to anything, but deserves to be included for the novelty: Marle's common-in-Germany-but-not-in-the-States poppyseed twist.


Daniel and I spent December 24-January 5 in Virginia visiting many of our wonderful family members and seeing some friends as well. It was great to reconnect in person, and also to reflect on the meanings of place and people in my life (and the interconnectedness of the two).

If you look closely here, you can tell that my in-laws' Christmas tree is baby-proof on the bottom half only, to accommodate my two toddler nephews.


Game night with the fam.


Gifts with the in-laws.


Cousins.


More games.


New experience: My family went to the Melting Pot! So delicious.


This is the closest we got to a normal picture.


 I didn't take any other pictures of the food because I was too busy stuffing myself. I'm sure you understand.

After Daniel and I returned home from the holidays, our housemates threw a little surprise birthday party for Daniel's 29th birthday.


Mostly it featured tons of balloons. And cake.



Please take a minute to appreciate this birthday throne they crafted out of balloons and a dining room chair.



Unit love.


Next up: A list of goals for 2017...

No comments:

Post a Comment