Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Holiday happenings

An evening project: Decorating our new Christmas tree, freshly cut from the Colorado forests that afternoon.


We named it Tom.


A Saturday project: Baking Christmas cookies. Here's our intrepid cookie leader.


And a few helpers.




Later we set out to decorate all the cookies, and made it through about half before losing stamina. I found that my husband has a heretofore-undiscovered-by-me talent: Cookie art. I was amazed.


LOOK AT THE STRIPES ON THOSE MITTENS.


The whole crew, plus one...


...because Sarah came to visit! What a happy time.



Initialed.


Hiking at Red Rock Canyon & Open Space.


I never get tired of this daily sight.


 The housemates at the Festival of Lights, Colorado Springs's annual downtown parade.


I went to a sprouting class! Courtesy of Pikes Peak Urban Gardens, I now know how to grow my own sprouts at home in the winter. My first batch has been underway for a week, and about half of the seeds have burst open to reveal little pale white sprouts. I'm so proud.


Those are some of the holiday happenings around here...What merry sights are gracing your home these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment