Monday, August 8, 2016

Summer sights

So, we're back in the Springs after almost two months away, including over five weeks spent in our home area -- Harrisonburg, Virginia. Here are just a few of the things I spent my time on while in VA.

Nephew's first birthday party at the park.



Bike rides: The scenery was different than my usual view of the Rockies, but still plenty beautiful.


Trying out the new Indonesian restaurant. (It was delicious.)


Hanging out with the other nephew.


And the sibs.


My first time canning homemade tomato sauce, using heirloom tomatoes I obtained by volunteering at Season's Bounty Farm.



I also had the wonderful blessing of celebrating the marriage of one of my best friends. Here we are the day before the wedding, doing a hair run-through.


I just thought this was the quintessential day-before-the-wedding bride photo: Comfy clothes, fancy shoes and hair and nails, flanked by sisters/friends, answering a cell phone call.


My most excellent partners for the ceremony music.


Not pictured: The many hours spent on the simple pleasure of being with family and old friends. I didn't take enough pictures of my parents and sister, but they were a huge part of the happiness I felt this summer.

 Next up: Pictures and wonderings from our recent trip to Alaska!

No comments:

Post a Comment