Sunday, April 22, 2012

snapshots

I want to remember two moments from today.

First, a moment from our Chambers service at Zion this morning.  In the song "I love the Lord", one line says, "Oh let my heart no more despair, while I have breath to pray," and when we sing it, I can feel the despair just as much as the overcoming.  At that moment, I looked up and saw a father swinging his three-year-old daughter by the hands out in the hall, back and forth.  And the look of delight on her face perfectly matched what I imagined the song to mean.

And second, the moment during our Chambers evening concert when Nels ducked in the back door of the sanctuary while we were singing a hymn.  It wasn't the way I thought we would welcome him home from Guatemala, but it still made this run-through of "We Sing to You, O God" the happiest ever.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment